Note: This review was for the 2014 show.
Today I visited the Allergy and Free From show that runs from 4-6 July in London (Olympia) and in 25-26 October in Liverpool.
You can get free tickets here:
There were familiar brands there with new products (such as BFree and Newburns), as well as some new brands I had not seen before. Below is a sample of my haul!
You will find plenty of other blogs on the show with more detail, but this is just a list of my favourite new finds in case you are at the show tomorrow and can look out for them!
- BFree – new seeded bagel (top right in above photo). These were lovely & soft with a poppy seed/linseed/quinoa seed topping – delicious! I think I will buy these regularly. I also highly recommend their wraps.
- Wellaby’s chips and dip – I’m a bit of a cracker and dip fiend, so to find these portable boxes with lentil chips & a houmous dip that does not need to be stored in the fridge (while unopened) is brilliant for travelling. Long shelf life, so handy to keep in the pantry for a snack on the run or to take on a plane/train journey.
- Kabuto noodles – just add hot water! According to the lady on the stand, these are ‘posh noodles’ and they did taste good quality and had nice flavours (I tasted and bought the chicken noodle pot). On checking the ingredients tonight I noticed it contains “dried soy sauce” and it doesn’t mention the components that make it up which made me a bit uneasy, but I have had a response from Kabuto and they have confirmed it is GF soy sauce.
- Dialsi foccaccia mix – this tasted fantastic and looks pretty easy to make. You can see the box under the ice cream cones in the top picture, behind the Newburns thins.
- NewBurn Bakehouse fruity thins with orange – these contain sultana and orange flavoured pieces and would be great for breakfast or a snack if you are looking for a flavour hit without adding spreads. I have also tried their sandwich thins and even my gluten eating husband enjoys those (he refuses most gluten free breads).
Overall, I really enjoyed the show and would have bought even more if I could have physically carried it!
What has your favourite new find been? Just comment below ……
If you are visiting London, please click here for other London restaurant reviews.