Regular visitors to The Coeliac Plate will be aware of the London Restaurant List available on the Restaurant Lists page.
This post is a quick summary of additions to the above listing, which includes address, website, closest tube stop etc. I have not been to all of them, but I keep an eye out on social media for places that people are having good experiences at. As always, make your own enquiries before ordering!
Mid range and casual venues
- The Modern Pantry – have heard good things for the last couple of years about their breakfasts and afternoon teas at Clerkenwell. (New venue now open at Finsbury Square, but not added yet as have not read reviews on this location).
- Sagar, a vegetarian South Indian restaurant in Covent Garden that has menu marked with wheat free, onion & garlic free and vegan (also locations in Hammersmith and Harrow).
- Zonzo – in Edgeware Road. GF pizza and pasta options. They have contacted me and advised theyhave excellent cross contamination controls (eg separate GF ingredients and separate pans for gluten free dishes).
- Hard Rock Cafe, near Hyde Park Corner has now been accredited by Coeliac UK (also in Manchester, Edinburgh & Glasgow)
- Added new Honest Burgers locations: Liverpool Street, Oxford Circus, Old Street
- Added new Planet Organic locations: Fitzrovia and Bloomsbury
- Cabana Brasilian BBQ, St Giles, London (also in other locations around the UK). Gluten free options clearly marked.
- The Ivy, one of London’s most famous restaurants that reopened mid 2015 after a big renovation. Voted no 71 by Time Out in their list: ‘100 Best restaurants in London’. For a review by glutenfreepsd click here.
- Rules, Covent Garden. Rules is one of the oldest restaurants in London and I was taken there many years ago on my first trip to London (well before gluten free days!). If you are a visitor and want an a quintessentially British experience, Rules is a good place for that! See the review by fellow antipodean blogger, 80pairsof shoes.
- Beyond bread – 100% gluten free bakery & cafe – Fitzrovia
- La Polenteria – 100% gluten free polenta restaurant – Soho
- Zizzi’s – Italian – central London and UK wide
For the previous list of restaurant updates, please click here.
Don’t miss the 100% gluten free guide to the UK, including London!
There have been two additions to the London 100% gluten free listing, but not made it on the restaurant list because outside central London: Mr Prempy’s (West and North London markets) and Manna Dew in Wandsworth/Battersea.
**Latest news** Soon to be released in the 100% gluten free series: South East UK (including Surrey, Kent, Hampshire, Berkshire and Sussex).
∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼
For more London dining options, please check the following links:
If you found this post useful, please share using the buttons below!