Regular visitors to The Coeliac Plate will be aware of the central London Gluten Free Restaurant List available on the Restaurant Lists page.
This post is a quick summary of additions to the above listing, which includes address, website, closest tube stop etc. I have not been to all of them, but I keep an eye out on social media for places that people are having good experiences at. As always, make your own enquiries before ordering!
Mid range and casual venues
- Yorica is a new vegan ice cream parlour in Wardour Street, Soho that is free from gluten, dairy, nuts and eggs.
- Farmstand is a new cafe in Drury Lane, Covent Garden and their website states all food is gluten and dairy free. It looks a bit like the Leon concept with healthy food in boxes.
For other 100% gluten free venues, see the link at the bottom of the page.
- Joe’s Southern Table – this pic from Twitter sounds like good news!! Covent Garden & Kentish Town
- Leon – this healthy fast food restaurant has had a rapid expansion and I have added around 10 locations around London, such as Euston, Leadenhall Market, Spitalfields, Victoria, Kingsway, Chancery Lane. Click restaurant name for a review.
- Arbutus, Soho – I’ve read that the co-owner is a coeliac, so therefore there is a good understanding in the restaurant and everything can be adapted to be gluten free. A fine dining restaurant (1 Michelin star 2016), it describes itself at a contemporary brasserie. Also good for pre-theatre.
- Searcy’s at the Gherkin – Fine dining where the menu can be adapted for gluten free. Read a review by GlutenFreePSD here
- Niche (Islington) – this 100% gluten free restaurant was already on the list, but I have been able to visit and you can click the restaurant name for a review.
- Pho – this Vietnamese street food chain is now accredited by Coeliac UK and the menu is great (spring rolls!!). Six locations around central London (eg Covent Garden, Soho, Spitalfields) and also in the suburbs. Click restaurant name for a review.
- Ask Italian – they did not renew their Coeliac UK accreditation this year, but will still be offering gluten free options.
- Brasserie Blanc – unfortunately their lovely location above Covent Garden has closed, but they still have several locations around central London. Click restaurant name for a review.
- The King’s Head – this pub in Teddington out of central London, but might be useful to know for commuters! Click restaurant name for a review.
For the previous list of restaurant updates, please enter ‘updates’ in the Search field (top right).
Don’t miss the 100% gluten free guide to the UK, including London!
Recently released in the series: South East England (including Surrey, Kent, Hampshire, Berkshire and Sussex) and North England (including Yorkshire, County Durham, Northumberland, Cheshire, Manchester, Liverpool).
∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼
For more London dining and gluten free travel options, please check the following links:
- London restaurant reviews
- Visiting the UK
- 100% gluten free London
- Chain restaurants offering gluten free options
- Paris gluten free
- Melbourne Australia 100% gluten free
If you found this post useful, please share using the buttons below!