Regular visitors to The Coeliac Plate will be aware of the central London Gluten Free Restaurant List available on the Restaurant Lists page.
This post is a quick summary of additions to the above listing, which includes address, website, closest tube stop etc. I have not been to all of them, but I keep an eye out on social media for places that people are having good experiences at. As always, make your own enquiries before ordering!
Mid range and casual venues
- Rainforest Cafe – in April Rainforest Cafe (Shaftesbury Ave, Soho) became the first Allergy Aware restaurant registered with Allergy UK. Great venue for kids!
- Hemsley & Hemsley – the sisters have opened a cafe in Selfridges on Oxford Street where everything is “free from gluten, grains, refined sugar and hydrogenated vegetable oils.
- Bubbledogs – a hot dogs and champagne venue in Fitzrovia. Nothing is mentioned on their website, but apparently all the hot dogs are gluten free and gluten free buns are available.
- Crepe Affair – the branches in Islington, Spitalfields and Westfield London now have gluten free & dairy free crepes. For more information on crepes in London, click here.
- Loch Fyne – this seafood and grill restaurant has a clear allergen list online (even breaking down gluten into wheat, rye, oats, spelt etc). London restaurants are in Covent Garden and Leadenhall Market.
- Pollen Street Social – a Jason Atherton restaurant in Mayfair is a great fine dining experience!
- Petrichor at the Cavendish Hotel (Jermyn Street) now have an entirely gluten free menu. Please note that the kitchen still handles gluten for other areas of the hotel.
- Zizzi‘s (Italian chain restaurant) have expanded their range of gluten free offerings and now also have a vegan cheese. I have not tried the new menu, but have an older review here if you have not visited Zizzi’s before.
- Pizza Express – the gluten free dough balls they released earlier this year are very appreciated by their coeliac diners!
- Healthy & Delicious Gluten Free – online business cooking Italian food that is vegetarian and gluten free. Ready meals and also canapes for catering and events. Hungry now? You can also order through Deliveroo! Main areas serviced: Holland Park, Queens Park, Paddington, Bayswater, Shepherd’s Bush, Pimlico, Chiswick, Notting Hill, Kensington, Chelsea and Fulham. For a review by Naturally Gluten Free, click here.
Don’t miss the 100% gluten free guide to the UK, including London!
Now all of England is covered, and Scotland is coming next! The most recent release was North England (including Yorkshire, County Durham, Northumberland, Cheshire, Manchester, Liverpool).
∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼ ∼
For more London dining and gluten free travel options, please check the following links:
- London restaurant reviews
- Visiting the UK
- 100% gluten free London
- Chain restaurants offering gluten free options
- Paris gluten free
- Melbourne Australia 100% gluten free
If you found this post useful, please share using the buttons below!